Where:McCahon House, French Bay, Titirangi Auckland
When: Mon May 22 – Fri Jun 16Time: –
The McCahon House Trust is calling for applications from outstanding emerging and
midcareer professional visual artists for the McCahon House Artists’ Residency programme.
Three residencies, each of three months duration, are available between January 2018 and
November 2018. The deadline for applications is Friday 16 June 2017.
The future potential of artists will be a major factor in the panel’s choice. The selectors must
believe that the recipients of the residency have the potential to reach national and
international standing and that the opportunity afforded by this residency will contribute to
The nominated artists will live and work in the purpose built artist residency located adjacent
to the historic former home of Colin McCahon and receive a stipend from Creative New
Zealand. It is an opportunity to focus on developing their arts practice within the French Bay,
Titirangi environs that inspired Colin McCahon’s work during 1950’s.
Conditions of Award: Residencies are open to outstanding artists who, in the opinion of the
panel, meet the following criteria:
• Are New Zealanders or New Zealand residents
• Have a sufficient body of work, which clearly demonstrates a significant level of
• Would benefit from the opportunity to undertake the residency.
• Have a history of exhibiting, which has resulted in significant critical evaluation and
• Are able to reside and work full time at the McCahon House site in French Bay,
Titirangi, Auckland, during the term of the residency.
Full criteria and application guidelines are available on the website
Or by email/phone firstname.lastname@example.org +64 9 817 6148
Successful artists will be notified 25 August 2017.