Calling Young Artists
Children's Art Deco Exhibition & Awards!
Date: Nov 1 – Feb 15Space: Mezzanine
Enter this exciting Art Deco competition with your Deco themed artwork, and see it on display in our gallery for the second annual official CAN-Do Deco Exhibition!
There are six ‘Best in Show’ Awards to be won, in three age categories, so spark up your imagination, put together some ideas and get doodling!
We want to see painting, sculpture, 3D design, clay models, photography, printmaking, mixed media… in fact, any medium is OK, so if you feel like making a model of the Tobacco Building out of egg boxes and pipe cleaners – go for it!
You’ve got until Tuesday 15 February to enter – so download the entry form and T&C below, or pick it up from the CAN Foyer and get started.
CAN_entry form_CAN DO DECO 2022 (pdf version)
CAN_entry form_CAN DO DECO 2022 (word version)
The official CAN do Deco Opening Celebration is on Friday 19th February at 4-5pm, where the six ‘Best in Show’ prizes will be announced. All artists who enter will receive a complimentary ticket, with accompanying adults able to purchase a $5 ticket to attend. (All other family members under 12 are free).
Dress in your Art Deco finery, enjoy light refreshments and entertainment!
The exhibition will take place at CAN from Friday 18 February – Thursday 3 March 2022.
This will be a professionally curated exhibition and is featured in the 2022 Art Deco Festival Programme. Exhibition entry to the public is free.
We will be inviting visitors to experience the magic of Art Deco seen through young eyes by visiting Creative Arts Napier during the Art Deco Festival and enjoying this very special exhibition. There will also be an opportunity for visitors to vote for their favourite piece to go into a draw to win an Art Deco prize.
If you have any questions or need some advice, please don’t hesitate to email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 06 835 9448
CAN-DO DECO 2022
Terms and Conditions
- All artwork entered must be obviously inspired by, and/or have a reference to the ART DECO style of Napier
- The award judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes cannot be swapped for a monetary value.
- Work must be original, and completely created by the artist named on the form.
- Artwork must be no smaller than A4 size, and no larger than A1size. Sculpture and 3D has a maximum size restriction of 1.5m x 1.5m x 1.5m.
- Artwork can be made from any media, including printmaking, painting and drawing, 3D design and sculpture, wearable art, photography, mixed-media and ceramics
- No digital reproductions of artwork will be accepted.
- Whilst CAN will take every care with your work we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage.
- Insurance of your artwork is your responsibility.
- If your work sells, 30% commission will be deducted from the retail price set by you on the entry form and label. The payment will be made directly into the nominated bank account on your form, by the 20th of the month following the sale date.
- Maximum 3 entries per person – an entry fee of $10 applies to each submission, and a separate form must be filled out for each entry.
- Your entry must be made, with from returned and entry fee paid by the deadline of Tuesday 8 February, 2021.
- Artwork must be delivered to CAN on Tuesday 15 or Wednesday 16 February 2021, between the hours of 10am – 4pm.
- Each artwork delivered must be named with Artist’s name/ title of work, price or ‘NFS’ (not for sale) on a swing tag attached to the reverse.
- All work must be ready for display: Framed in black frames, with D-rings, or a similar hanging device on the reverse side (see image below left). Affordable frames are available to purchase at The Warehouse, K-Mart and Briscoes stores.
- Photography of your work is permitted during the exhibition and may be used for publicity purposes.
- Unsold work will be available for collection from CAN on Thursday 3 March, between the hours of 12 – 4pm
We look forward to receiving your beautiful Art Deco inspired artwork!
The Team at CAN x