Beginners Screen Printing Workshop
with Lisa Feyen
Date: Sep 2 – Sep 2Space: Workshop
Join us in the relaxed atmosphere of Creative Arts Napier and learn a new skill to take away and print to your heart’s content.
Artist Lisa Feyen from Ink Moth Print Studio will guide you through the whole process of stencil making and screen printing on paper and fabric, helping you to achieve the results you want. You’ll have some lovely printed goodies to take home at the end of the day, and the knowledge/skills you need to keep going with your new hobby.
You will need to bring a few light-coloured, plain cotton items to print on, such as pillow slips, canvas bags, T-shirts, or tea towels. Heavy weight paper is also a good idea, if making prints to frame interests you.
When: Saturday 2 September
Time: 10am – 3.30pm
Where: CAN workshop, 16 Byron St, Napier
Cost: $ 95.00 (includes use of equipment, inks and some basic paper/fabric swatches)
To book: Email Lisa at: email@example.com to register!
You will learn:
- how to create successful stencil designs for screen printing
- How to hand cut stencils for screen printing
- Printing and colour blending
- Where you can purchase materials to keep going
You can produce:
- A limited edition of art prints
- T-shirt prints or printed tea towels/pillow slips/canvas bags etc
You will need to bring:
- An “X-acto” knife or similar (this and the Fiskars brand are available at Warehouse Stationery) plus blades (these need to be pointy for fine cutting)
- If you have one, a cutting mat
- Sketch book, pencils, eraser
- Apron or an old shirt
- a few light coloured, plain items to print on, such as pillow slips, canvas bags, T-shirts, or tea towels. Heavy weight paper is also a good idea, if you want to try paper printing
- Visual insiration: Anything that will help you feel inspired! Eg. From gardening books to magazine cut-outs, fabric swatches, or some of your sketches.
Let’s get inky!