Weekly Screen Printing Workshop
An 8 week beginners course
Date: May 9 – Jun 27Space: Workshop
At long last! A weekly screen printing class for adults. You asked for it, so we’ve sorted it!
Join us in the relaxed atmosphere of the CAN, learn a new skill and print away to your heart’s content. This course will be very popular, so make sure you book now to secure your place.
Tutor Lisa Feyen will guide you through the whole process of stencil making and printing on paper and fabric, helping you to achieve the results you want, and making sure you have lots of printed goodies to take home!
When: 9 May to 27 June 2018 (inclusive) – 8 weeks
Time: Wednesdays: 10.30 till 1.00pm.
Where: CAN Workshop
Cost: Total for 8 classes $160 ($20 per workshop)
To book: Contact email@example.com or call the CAN 06 835 9448. Pre-payment for the course ($160) secures your place.
Students will learn:
- an understanding of the concept of stencil making
- how to create successful designs translatable to screen printing through hand cut stencils.
- how to cut multiple stencils required for multiple colour printing
- how to register the prints for successful multi-colour printing
- an understanding of repeat patterns
- Cutting techniques
- Colour blending
You will produce:
- A limited edition of art prints
- Tee shirts
- Christmas cards
- Greeting cards
- Tea towels
…. in fact, any appropriate flat surface that will take ink!
You will need to bring:
- An “X-acto” knife or similar (this and the Fiskars brand are available at Warehouse Stationery) plus blades (these need to be pointy for fine cutting)
- If you have one, a cutting mat
- A roll of CLEAR sticky back plastic
As the course progresses, you might need to purchase some other items, but we will let you know in plenty of time!