Introduction to Screen Printing
Evening Class for Beginners
Date: Oct 24 – Dec 5Space: Workshop
This class is now FULL. Please contact us if you would like to be placed on a waiting list for the next time this course is run at CAN.
A short introductory course of 4 sessions, fortnightly on Thursday evenings will introduce you to the process of screen printing using hand cut stencils.
Screenprinting is a great way to apply images T-shirts, paper for fine art prints, fabric for making cushion covers or bags, flat pack boxes, calico bags, greetings cards… the options are endless! With minimal equipment you can print at home on your kitchen table once you know what to do.
You will work on easy projects to help build your confidence, before progressing on to print on items such as a T-shirt or bag.
Suitable for absolute beginners, or those that wish to refresh their skills and have some fun.
- Where: CAN Workshop – 16 Byron Street, Napier
- When: Thursday 24 October, 7 & 21 November & 5 Dec 2019 inclusive (4 sessions, fortnightly)
- Time: 6pm – 8pm
- Cost: $100 for the course
To Book: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CAN 06 835 9448.
Only prepayment for the course secures your place. Your place may be reserved for 48 hours only to give you time to pay before your reservation is removed. Book early to avoid disappointment!
You will need to bring:
- An “X-acto” knife or similar plus blades (these need to be pointy for fine cutting)
- If you have one, a cutting mat
- Paper and fabric to print on
- You may use one of the CAN screens on the course, or order a new one at the first class; $59
Creative Arts Napier reserves the right to cancel this workshop a week prior to date
in the event of insufficient bookings.