Encaustic Wax Painting Demo – Cancelled
Mary Jessie Sullivan of Beach Road Studios
Date: Apr 26 – Apr 26Space: Workshop
This is your chance to be introduced to the unique world of hot wax painting, with local encaustic wax artist Mary Jessie Sullivan.
Mary will demonstrate step by step through the essential techniques of encaustic painting, producing a hot wax painting from start to finish. Mary uses her own encaustic medium, made from a mixture of natural beeswax and damar resin coloured with dry pigments.
The demonstration will cover:
- Introduction to safety and tools of the trade.
- Introduction to wax, mediums and paints.
- Preparation of grounds and materials.
- The technique of layering, fusing, blending, collage and mark-making.
- Also advanced techniques of shellac burn, creating layers of texture.
When: Sunday 26 April, 11am to 1pm
Where: The CAN Workshop
To book: For payment and registration please email Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org