CALL FOR ENTRIES
Immerse - Invitation to Visual Artists
Date: Jul 19 – Oct 2Space: CAN
Be inspired by the quotes.
Let yourself create.
‘Immerse’ is an exhibition that will be on show in the Main Gallery at Creative Arts Napier, 20 October – 2 November 2017 hosted by the Baha’is of Hawkes Bay. Visual Artists are invited to submit work inspired by 5 quotes available from www.immerse.nz, or pick up a card containing the quotes from the front desk at CAN. The deadline for submissions is 2 October.
Entry forms can be downloaded from www.immerse.nz or phone 06 835 0935, or download it here: IMMERSE ART WORK ENTRY Form.
Entry forms and photographs to be emailed to email@example.com.
Please see below for terms and conditions. All work will be considered, individual and collaborative work welcomed!
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Entry Forms, including a photograph of your art work (even if unfinished) must be received for each art piece by Monday 2 October 2017.
2. All artwork must be received at the Hawke’s Bay address between Monday 9 October and Friday 14 October 2017.
3. Artwork must be ready to hang or display with hooks or cord etc. All 3D work (such as sculptures, crafts, etc must
be freestanding or props to stabilize the work so provided. If not it won’t be displayed. Please contact Yvette, curator
at the Art Gallery CAN directly if you need any clarification of this: 06 835 9448 or firstname.lastname@example.org.)
4. A label with the title and retail price (if for sale) must be attached to each artwork (swing tags attached to the rear of
the artwork is best as it can be checked after hanging).
5. Packaging and costs for the return of the artwork must be provided by the artist with the art work or by online
6. New work inspired by the quotes is preferred. However, any related artwork will be considered.
7. No offensive material will be considered.
Any art work using portraits/images of the prophet/founders of any religion will not be accepted.
All other art works submitted will be considered providing they are not too large and can be displayed, & there is room
to display them well.
8. The selection of art work displayed in the exhibition is final and no negotiation will be entered into.
9. Responsibility for the costs incurred by the transport, handling, packaging, and any associated costs, of all artwork
during transit both to and from, and during the Exhibition, is the sole responsibility of the contributing
artist/artists. The Baha’i Community and CAN (Creative Arts Napier) will take the greatest care of your artwork, but
cannot be held liable for any loss, theft or damage.
Similarly, the tax and insurance of each artwork from the time it leaves the artists/s premises until its return (except if
the art work sells in which case it is until they collect it or it is delivered to them it by their selected delivery option) is
the responsibility of the artist/s.
10. Artists can choose to have their artwork available for purchase during the exhibition at a price determined by the
artist. CAN Gallery’s commission is 30% of the ticket price. Payment will be made direct to your bank account within
4 weeks of the Exhibition end. A rough way to work out what to charge retail is to multiply the price you want e.g. $200 by
1.45 which gives $290.
11. Art work sold is normally picked up by the purchaser after the end of the exhibition, but can be removed earlier with
consent from the artist/s.
12. All artwork which was not for sale, or that has not been sold, will be returned to the owner providing the cost of
transportation has been covered by the artist before the beginning of the Exhibition as specified in the Entry Form.
Any artwork for which no provision has been provided for by the artist/s for its the return to him/her/them will be
destroyed because we have no provision for long term storage.
13. The return transport fee for any artwork that has been sold will be returned to the artist unless used to deliver the
artwork to the buyer.
15. Photography of artwork during the exhibition is permitted for personal use, or for IMMERSE advertising / media
16. The Baha’i Community of Hawke’s Bay covers all costs of this Exhibition (with the exception of the artists responsibilities
as listed) and receives no financial benefit from it or from any supporter.